You'll be re-directed to Individual Investor site.
New share class now available
Class X shares are now available to eligible defined contribution plans. The current shares held by shareholders will be renamed Class I shares, which are open to all investors.
Dodge & Cox Stock Fund seeks long-term growth of principal and income, with a secondary focus on achieving a reasonable current income.
The Fund offers investors a highly selective, actively managed core equity mutual fund that invests in businesses based on our analysis of long-term fundamentals relative to current valuations. Generally, we:
- Primarily target a diversified portfolio of U.S. equity securities, typically investing in medium-to-large, well-established companies that, in our opinion, appear to be temporarily undervalued by the stock market but have a favorable outlook for long-term growth.
- Also invest up to 20% of the portfolio in securities issued by companies outside the U.S. that trade in the U.S. (in U.S. dollars). These securities are not in the S&P 500 Index.
- Select individual securities based on our analyses of various factors—including a company’s financial strength, economic condition, competitive advantage, quality of the business franchise, financially material environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues, and the reputation, experience, and competence of its management—as weighed against valuation.
Dividends are distributed in March, June, September, and December. Capital gains, if any, are distributed in December and March.
Meet the Fund’s Investment Committee
We believe investors benefit from our team-based approach to managing investments. Through close collaboration and debate, we bring our best ideas forward. The primary responsibilities of the Committee, whose members’ average tenure at Dodge & Cox is 21 years, include:
- Setting and reviewing U.S. equity investment strategy, and continually assessing opportunities and risks to the portfolio.
- Evaluating and debating analyst recommendations and analyses to collaborate on buy, sell, and position-sizing decisions across individual holdings and sectors.
- Overseeing the strategy’s implementation and monitoring portfolio holdings, making changes when appropriate.
Our Committee members are shareholders of Dodge & Cox and invest in the Stock Fund.
You could lose money by investing in the Fund, and the Fund could underperform other investments. You should expect the Fund’s share price and total return to fluctuate within a wide range. The Fund’s performance could be hurt by:
The S&P 500 Index is a market capitalization-weighted index of 500 large-capitalization stocks commonly used to represent the U.S. equity market. The S&P 500 Index (''Index'') and associated data are a product of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, its affiliates and/or their licensors and has been licensed for use by Dodge & Cox. © 2023 S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, its affiliates and/or their licensors. All rights reserved. Redistribution or reproduction in whole or in part are prohibited without written permission of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC. For more information on any of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC’s indices please visit www.spdji.com. S&P® is a registered trademark of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC (''SPFS'') and Dow Jones® is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC (''Dow Jones''). Neither S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, SPFS, Dow Jones, their affiliates nor their licensors (''S&P DJI'') make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the ability of any index to accurately represent the asset class or market sector that it purports to represent and S&P DJI shall have no liability for any errors, omissions, or interruptions of any index or the data included therein.
The Russell 1000 Value Index is a broad-based, unmanaged equity market index composed of those Russell 1000 companies with lower price-to-book ratios and lower forecasted growth values. London Stock Exchange Group plc and its group undertakings (collectively, the ''LSE Group''). ©LSE Group 2023. FTSE Russell is a trading name of certain of the LSE Group companies. ''Russell®'' is/are a trade mark(s) of the relevant LSE Group companies and is used by any other LSE Group company under license. All rights in the FTSE Russell indexes or data vest in the relevant LSE Group company which owns the index or the data. Neither LSE Group nor its licensors accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the indexes or data and no party may rely on any indexes or data contained in this communication. No further distribution of data from the LSE Group is permitted without the relevant LSE Group company’s express written consent. The LSE Group does not promote, sponsor or endorse the content of this communication.
Portfolio Turnover is calculated as the lesser of the portfolio purchases or sales divided by the average portfolio value for the period.