You'll be re-directed to the Institutional Investor site.
New share class now available
Class X shares are now available to eligible defined contribution plans. The current shares held by shareholders will be renamed Class I shares, which are open to all investors.
Dodge & Cox Stock Fund seeks long-term growth of principal and income, with a secondary focus on achieving a reasonable current income.
The Fund offers investors a highly selective, actively managed core equity mutual fund that invests in businesses based on our analysis of long-term fundamentals relative to current valuations. Generally, we:
- Primarily target a diversified portfolio of U.S. equity securities, typically investing in medium-to-large, well-established companies that, in our opinion, appear to be temporarily undervalued by the stock market but have a favorable outlook for long-term growth.
- Also invest up to 20% of the portfolio in securities issued by companies outside the U.S. that trade in the U.S. (in U.S. dollars). These securities are not in the S&P 500 Index.
- Select individual securities based on our analyses of various factors—including a company’s financial strength, economic condition, competitive advantage, quality of the business franchise, financially material environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues, and the reputation, experience, and competence of its management—as weighed against valuation.
Dividends are distributed in March, June, September, and December. Capital gains, if any, are distributed in December and March.
Meet the Fund’s Investment Committee
We believe investors benefit from our team-based approach to managing investments. Through close collaboration and debate, we bring our best ideas forward. The primary responsibilities of the Committee, whose members’ average tenure at Dodge & Cox is 22 years, include:
- Setting and reviewing U.S. equity investment strategy, and continually assessing opportunities and risks to the portfolio.
- Evaluating and debating analyst recommendations and analyses to collaborate on buy, sell, and position-sizing decisions across individual holdings and sectors.
- Overseeing the strategy’s implementation and monitoring portfolio holdings, making changes when appropriate.
Our Committee members are shareholders of Dodge & Cox and invest in the Stock Fund.