You'll be re-directed to the Institutional Investor site.
Dodge & Cox Emerging Markets Stock Fund seeks long-term growth of principal and income.
This Fund offers investors a highly selective, actively managed emerging market equity fund that invests in companies of any size, primarily in emerging and frontier markets, based on our analysis of companies’ fundamentals relative to their current valuations. Generally, we:
- Target a diversified portfolio of equity securities issued by small-, mid-, and large-cap companies from emerging or frontier market countries that, in our opinion, appear to be temporarily undervalued by the stock market but have a favorable outlook for long-term growth. Emerging market issuers include those located in emerging market countries and those we determine to have significant economic exposure to emerging market countries.
- Select individual securities based on our analyses of various factors—including a company’s financial strength, economic condition, competitive advantage, quality of the business franchise, financially material environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues, and the reputation, experience, and competence of its management—as weighed against valuation.
Dividends and capital gains (if any) are distributed in annually in December.
Meet the Fund’s Investment Committee
We believe investors benefit from our team-based approach to managing investments. Through close collaboration and debate, we bring our best ideas forward. The primary responsibilities of the Committee, whose members’ average tenure at Dodge & Cox is 17 years, include:
- Setting and reviewing emerging markets investment strategy, and continually assessing opportunities and risks to the portfolio.
- Evaluating and debating analyst recommendations to make buy, sell, and position-sizing decisions across individual holdings, sectors, and countries.
- Overseeing the strategy’s implementation, making changes when appropriate.
Our Committee members are shareholders of Dodge & Cox and invest in the Emerging Market Stock Fund.
You could lose money by investing in the Fund, and the Fund could underperform other investments. You should expect the Fund’s share price and total return to fluctuate within a wide range. The Fund’s performance could be hurt by:
The MSCI Emerging Markets Index captures large and mid-cap representation across 27 Emerging Markets (EM) countries. The MSCI information may only be used for your internal use, may not be reproduced or redisseminated in any form and may not be used as a basis for or a component of any financial instruments or products or indices. None of the MSCI information is intended to constitute investment advice or a recommendation to make (or refrain from making) any kind of investment decision and may not be relied on as such. Historical data and analysis should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of any future performance analysis, forecast or prediction. The MSCI Information is provided on an ''as is'' basis and the user of this information assumes the entire risk of any use made of this information. MSCI, each of its affiliates and each other person involved In or related to compiling, computing or creating any MSCI information (collectively, the ''MSCI Parties'') expressly disclaims all warranties (including, without limitation, any warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to this information. Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no event shall any MSCI Party have any liability for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, consequential (including, without limitation, lost profits) or any other damages. (www.msci.com)
Expense reimbursements have been in effect for the Fund since its inception. Without the expense reimbursements, returns for the Fund would have been lower.
Data is stated in U.S. dollars, unless otherwise noted.
Portfolio Turnover is calculated as the lesser of the portfolio purchases or sales divided by the average portfolio value for the period.