| Dodge & Cox Funds' 2012 tax documents
have been mailed to shareholders and are available for viewing online. You
can access the electronic documents by logging into Account Access. Then, select “View Electronic Tax Forms” from the Account Services dropdown menu at the top of the Your Accounts page.
The following information is not intended to be a complete discussion covering all your income tax requirements, and it should not be relied upon as a source of professional advice. For additional information, please refer to our Frequently Asked Tax Questions. Distribution information is also available in the Performance & Prices section of this website.
Dodge & Cox Funds' 2012
Supplemental Tax Reporting Information — Discusses 2012 distributions from the Funds and other data that may assist shareholders with tax reporting.
Helpful Tax Material Handouts
Dodge & Cox Funds' 2012 Tax Guide (Online-View Version)
Dodge & Cox Funds' 2012 Tax Guide (Print-Friendly Version)— Discusses Forms 1099-DIV and 1099-B that are sent to shareholders in late-January, and includes information that may be useful in preparing tax returns.
Tax Information Mailing Schedule
- Year-end statement: reports distributions, activity and year-end balances in each Fund account for the year.
- Form 1099-DIV: reports taxable distributions for the year.
- Form 1099-B: reports proceeds from sales (redemptions or exchanges) of shares
from taxable accounts.
- Form 1099-R: reports any withdrawals from a traditional, Roth or SEP Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
Mid-March (foreign persons only)
- Form 1042-S: reports taxable dividends and income tax withheld on accounts owned by foreign persons.
- Form 5498: reports previous year’s regular and rollover IRA contributions to
traditional and Roth IRAs, and SEP-IRAs.
If you use TurboTax® tax preparation software, you
will be able to import your 2012 Dodge & Cox Funds tax form information including Forms 1099-Div, 1099-B and 1099-R
after January 31, 2012.
To import the information into TurboTax® software, navigate to "EasyImport" within the Federal Taxes section of the program. Select "Dodge & Cox Funds" from the list of available financial institutions, and you will be prompted to enter your User ID and Password used for Dodge & Cox Funds Account Access.